Monday, August 20, 2012

Swelltide.

School orientation at the end of this week, with classes starting Monday. The amount of things I need to keep track of, remember and put in order is daunting. I still don't have my books. I need to get a parking pass. I have medication through the end of the month, around the time that my health insurance will probably drop, depending on how many hours I happen to get at work.

I am terrified, and it isn't the prospect of the hard work and little sleep that bothers me. I don't know what to expect, and I don't like that. I am wondering whether the anxiety that I experienced in high school and college years ago, will suddenly resurface. The whole idea of being in a small room without windows and around a bunch of strangers, causes me to feel claustrophobic. Now, there is also bipolar. I might tune out. Lose interest. I might scare a few people-- and that scares me.

There is no sense in worrying about things outside of my control, I know. Or, things that haven't happened yet. Sometimes, I can't help it.

Otherwise, I have felt pretty good lately. Especially considering the amount of sleep that I've been getting. I've felt rested. Content in knowing that things are about to change for me very soon, in a big way.

No comments:

Post a Comment