Thursday, January 24, 2013

Swelltide.

Money. Again.

I am trying hard not to obsess about it-- to let it stress me out, but I have none. Actually, I owe money. My bank account has a negative balance, I have a few creditors calling and almost all of my bills are past due. Again, my school hasn't yet cut me a refund check for the student loans that I have taken out, almost a month into the new semester. If I had known that these things took so long, I would have planned for it. I have been battling this bureaucratic apathy since going back to school. Some kid coming out of high school might have mom and dad available to help, but I don't. Not really.

Over the break, I tried to pick up some hours at work but things have slowed down. I got a call from the office a few days ago, but now with school, I don't have the time. There is some resentment, but who cares?

So, money. Money. I haven't been to see the shrink. I haven't been taken my medication. I haven't been to get my prescription filled. I can't afford it, and to make an appointment to talk about cheaper alternatives costs money.

I have been doing relatively well off the meds. My attitudes towards things have been much different since going to therapy. Though, I am still dealing with some anxiety. I am still not sleeping like I should. I still stress. Just not like I used to. My moods have been fairly stable.

I will be happy when the student loans come through. Our my taxes get done. When there isn't debt hanging over my head.

That is where I am at. Time to get some homework done.

No comments:

Post a Comment