Monday, May 7, 2012

Swelltide.

One session. There is that itch to get back to the comfy couch. My girlfriend is going with me, to talk about the things she sees that I don't see, or can't see-- because I'm not that self-aware. She's going through some things with her family now. I want her talk about it. I want her to get that outside perspective. One counseling appointment and already I would recommend therapy to anyone. Although, there is still the possibility that next week I could hate it.

I know how lucky I am to have found a counselor, that right away, I felt comfortable with. Unless it is just the liberation of finally opening up. Maybe someday I will have the courage to disclose my bipolar with the family and those around me-- which is a realization that I'm coming to terms with. One of those things that I don't know what to do with, yet. In many ways, I am a coward.

Yesterday was a rough day. Moody. Tired. Down. I know the medication isn't supposed to work right away. I'm just tired of feeling down. Tired of having to excuse my quietness, my wanting to be left alone. Days like yesterday only remind me that there is something wrong with me. Which is still hard.

Anyway, a link about bipolar and creativity that I found interesting:

Bipolar and Creativity

No comments:

Post a Comment