Saturday, May 19, 2012

Swelltide.

Nothing like a slow, easy day. Though, I didn't sleep well last night and was sluggish this morning, I feel decent now. Got some stuff done-- but still mostly living out of boxes. My plan for tomorrow is to unpack what I can and organize the house a little.

I am not sure if this is a bipolar thing or a personality thing, but I feel so much better when I can catch a nap sometime throughout the day. Inevitably, around one or two in the afternoon my thinking becomes cloudy and I slow down. I have a feeling that this has much more to do with not getting sleep like I should.

Life is so much better when things slow down. As the work week progresses, I fall farther and farther behind on paperwork because I don't have the energy to keep up. My reports become sloppy. I don't get the sleep that I need. Throw a few depressive days in there, and I get run down. Which, only adds more stress. I don't eat like I should and I'm usually not getting a significant amount of exercise.

When I asked my therapist whether or not she believed that I am bipolar, she said 'I think you have all the symptoms of being bipolar.' Which is beginning to make sense. When you aren't sleeping, eating or thinking the way that you should-- the mind can't keep up. I'm not completely convinced. There is the genetic component that I have. It runs in the family. But, keeping your body healthy would almost certainly help keep the mind healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment