Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Swelltide.

Tomorrow may be the big day. I get to tell my work that I am considering school (and by considering, I mean going). Not that I expect them to care, or care beyond being upset that they currently have no one as qualified as myself to do some of the job related tasks.

As of right now, I am registered for biology, chemistry, physics and Latin (because no other foreign language was available.) A LOT. This will not be like my experience with school previously. Not just one or two major courses with a few fluff classes thrown in. I am going to have to be spending a lot of time on school. By the looks of it, every minute that I am awake.

Sparta, what I would not give to have you around right now-- to pester you with questions.

Now, for some small part-time job... I don't know. I've lept into school without having something else lined up, which was kind of stupid. But, I've been looking. I've been applying and there isn't much out there. Maybe I'll go back to delivering pizza for a while.

I want to work as much as I am physically capable of doing, to make things easier for me when all is said and done, but I've been exploring private student loans to augment that money that I've already been awarded.

 There is always the possibility that work may decide to keep me on for a few days a week. This would be nice, but I am not going to hold my breath. Judging by my treatment there, the last seven years, I expect nothing more than, "We can't help you."

I see why people choose not to go this way. To borrow all of this money for school and not be guaranteed a good job when you get out. The prospect is daunting.

No idea what this does for me as far as being able to pay for medication and to go to therapy. Counseling has far surpassed my expectations, but if I have to go without medication for a few years then it is what I need to do. Maybe there is help out there for older, manic-depressive college students. I don't know.

I am intelligent. I think most people with bipolar are. This is going to be extremely difficult. But, is something I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment