Saturday, August 11, 2012

Swelltide.

I feel more rested today than I have felt all week. Therapy on Thursday was good. It has been a while, as my therapist was out on vacation and then I had to cancel last week because of work. Talked some more about me growing up-- how I realize now that I have always been off-kilter. Excitable. Impulsive. Moody. It begs the question, how many people are living with bipolar but have never been diagnosed, or have had the good fortune of it not impacting their lives greatly?

Therapy covered a lot. I think because I haven't had the time to talk about it all in the last few weeks. Work. School. I need a plan of action. I need to be organized. I need to be focused and take time to take care of myself. I need the support of everyone around me. Hah.

Celebration at the house today. Lots of family over, and friends. I saw my grandparents last night, in a little hotel up the road. It surprises me always, that my grandmother seems younger every time I see her. I am trying not to let the idea of the crowd cause me any anxiety. I don't really handle a lot of noise, social chaos, well anymore. I get overstimulated. I try to focus on three or four conversations at a time.

The girlfriend and I are both a little grumpy this morning. She has gone back to bed and I am nursing a cup of coffee. It'll be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment