Friday, August 31, 2012

Swelltide.

The last day of the month (and a full moon.)

The first week of classes, finished. Not a perfect week. I am only now beginning to organize myself, and to put things in order like they need to be. I missed a class because I was mistaken on which day it was.

Therapy, today. My first session in several weeks. It may be my last for a few weeks, until I can put money in order, and know what to expect working less. It was good. I wish that I had a few more hours in a session.

I do not want to see a different therapist. I don't want to start over with someone else. I also don't want to talk to someone whose job it is, to listen. My current therapist-- I feel like she cares. It isn't just a job to her. And, I don't want to lose that.

A short talk with my mother tonight, on the premise that I should be grateful  to my workplace that they are accommodating my school schedule. I don't owe them anything more than what I have given them. I am and have always been an hourly employee. I have lost my benefits, going back to school. Five or so years without a raise. No room for advancement. I don't owe them anything, other than the amount of time that I have agreed to be there. Honestly, I feel like they owe me, for what I've been through. The threats to cut my wages, the continual drama, etc.

It is the reason that I am going back to school. I don't want to be expendable anymore.

My moods have been fairly stable, lately. But, I've been too busy really to focus on anything other than school. Including how I might be feeling. I think this is a good thing for me, at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment