Thursday, May 10, 2012

Swelltide.

Picked the girlfriend up from her job and drove us over to my second session of therapy. Just not enough time! We are going to start an every-other-week of couples counseling which I think will be good for us. She says that she thinks we have no real problem communicating, which is true. We talk and I'm learning to open up. One of a few things we hit on. I've been so focused on not reliving the past. On not thinking to much and dwelling on the dark stuff. I throw up walls. A form of denial and a not so healthy coping mechanism.

Followed up with the psychiatrist. It could take months for the medication to level me out. But, I don't want to be too level. I don't want to be numb. I will be ramping up my medication as time goes on. It is worth giving a try, but I am still hesitant. I remember being a part of the med-mill when I was a teenager and I didn't really get much out of it. Though, I wasn't in therapy at the time. So, we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment